Sunday, September 26, 2010

the silver lining

On a busy working weekend, I was pulling through and and working off a rough day at office on the Saturday.

Tensed and equally tired towards evening, I stretched back in my chair and glanced towards the window. I was surprised and happy that I was able to still appreciate the evening skies. I saw the dark clouds and the silver lining. Sitting in the office space on a weekend was indicative of the dark clouds though the silver lining wasnt anywhere in sight ,I thought to myself.

In difficut times, usually stressed out, we forget to notice anything on the brighter side.

In one of a workshops I attended, I remember disctinctly the speaker bringing out the fact that when things are going well with us, we usually want to believe that something unpleasant is expected!!(Since so long things are going fine).
But when things are not going our way, do we stop to think and hope to have better times ahead?

Well, the silver lining gave me hope and I am looking forward to next Happy fridays, lazy weekends and Monday office blues!

No comments:

Post a Comment